Barcode Technologies & Services (BTS) is a premier provider of cost-effective barcoding and label printing products and services. We have extensive experience working with a diverse range of customers, and our expertise in printing and barcoding products enables us to identify and provide the most economical solution for any application. We prioritize customer service and satisfaction in every interaction and have developed a strong reputation for doing whatever it takes to support our customers.
We sell, install, and service a variety of:
- Scanners (laser, CCD, wand, wedge)
- Imagers (linear, 2D)
- Verification equipment
Our Scanning Devices
At BTS, we facilitate access to any scanning device available in the market. No more sifting through volumes of product literature to decide which device suits your environment best. BTS will carefully assess your needs and recommend the best, most cost-effective device that fulfills your requirements. We offer all types of barcode scanners and imagers, including:
- Laser scanners. Laser scanners are commonly used in retail and logistics environments. Depending on the model, laser scanners may use a wide stationary beam to scan an area, a moving beam that scans each line of the barcode individually, or multiple beams that scan barcodes from various angle simultaneously.
- Linear imagers. These imagers use an LED to light up a linear barcode so built-in sensors can capture the barcode’s image.
- 2D imagers. 2D imagers rely on a high-quality camera and sophisticated algorithms to read and process barcode images. Most barcode scanners on smartphones use this technology, but rugged industrial scanners offer much better performance.
- Handheld scanners and imagers. Handheld scanners and imagers offer essential mobility in warehousing, distribution, manufacturing, medical, and other environments where workers must move among inventory. More robust handheld scanners can often be configured to read multiple barcode types and will read barcodes at long distances.
- Fixed mount and presentation scanners and imagers. Fixed-mount and presentation scanners and imagers see broad use at retail checkouts, but also have broad applications for manufacturing and logistics operations.
- Mobile computing. Mobile computing is a broad category that covers technologies ranging from handheld and wearable devices to cart-mounted wireless computer systems used in many warehousing or hospital operations. Mobile computer systems often incorporate some form of imager or scanner.
- In-counter scanners and imagers. In-counter scanners and imagers sit flush with the counter and scan barcodes as they pass over. These scanners are often found in grocery stores and other retail applications, but also have use cases across logistics and manufacturing.
Quality Assurance and Industry Standards
BTS can provide scanners and imagers that meet a variety of industry standards, including but not limited to:
- Association for Automatic Identification and Mobility (AIM Global)
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG)
- Health Industry Business Communications Council (HIBCC)
Many different types of barcodes exist—each with different standards and symbology that define them—so it’s essential to select scanners or imagers that can read the specific barcodes used within your operation. Some of the most common barcodes include:
- Code 128
- Code 39/Code 3 of 9
- Code 93
- Data matrix
- QR codes
BTS can provide scanners and imagers for all the above codes, as well as unique or custom barcode applications. At Barcode Technologies & Services, our primary goal is the satisfaction of our customers and we stand by every product that we distribute. Any customer who is not completely satisfied with their purchase can return it within 30 days for a full refund, no questions asked.
Scanners and Imagers From Barcode Technologies & Services
We work with customers before, during, and after the purchase to make sure the solution they select fits their needs. We also offer service and repair on any device we sell. Upon request, we’re happy to provide training for end users at no additional charge. To see how our barcode scanners and imagers can improve your operation, please contact us or request a quote.